Thursday, October 29, 2009

I’m Not My Skin Part 2 (Nshili Inkanda Yandi)






Black or white it doesn’t matter anymore,
Because it never did.
Pitch black afros rise to kiss this unworthy
Feeling of not being part of this race,
What they say won’t scar us!
But who are they?
They are us and we are them
And together we are one but only
Separated by our selfish desires.

A day will come when we will toil
To save this home that we’ve destroyed…
We will embrace the humanity in us.
You can hate me but not because of the
Tone of my skin or the way I speak
My western tongue.

Hate me for a reason, because I will not
Hurt and hate you in return; its not in my nature.
One day I hope we will hold hands
And make a truce to live and love each
Other just the way God wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment