Sunday, June 20, 2010

Futile Beauty!


When the moon slept,
We wept more,
I wept endlessly,
Even the sun does not have a beauty as her’s,
Her voice mistaken by many for a fine harp’s tune,
Your body admired by all the men in the streets,
A mind only loved by me; the victim of your heart’s numbness.
Your heart cold as steel stole the only warmth I have.
My pride, my wife, and my soul you were in my dreams.

When your eyes closed never to open again
I wept more,
More than everyone you knew
The most expensive jewels cannot match her beauty,
No woman can weigh against the splendor she held;
Her slender hips,
Her luscious lips,
Her immensely proportional body:
Is the pride of a mindless woman!
She was such.

To die in your heart I wished
Tomorrow's promise broke
Today’s misery is all you left
And I kept my heart broken when you lost you.
Unlike the diamonds she wore, her beauty is mortal
Her mind tainted by the wounds of self,
My morn remains unheard at your funeral,
My tears are unnoticed in this rain you’ve left me in,
A hollow heart you had,
A soulless body you carried,
Now I wonder what I saw in you!
Was I blinded by your senseless figuring?

No comments:

Post a Comment