Friday, November 20, 2009

A Charming Bug’s Plight (Haiku)


A ladybird flies
And blesses me with delight
On this vivid day.

She flies but not far,
A bump into a leaf stalls
This perfect moment.

Red and black wing hues
Blend as she flutters in haste.
I wish she departs.

For once she lets up
And walks on a leaf’s stalk,
Finally she stops.

I grab hold of her,
On my dry palm she marches,
Itchy stings she leaves.

Her little wings flap
All in vain as she falls down
What a sorry sight!

In a woody nick
She now hides like a shy child,
Inside she kips from me.

At last she comes out
And I smile as she budges out.
Yes, shes the day’s star.

Swiftly, the wind blows
And she dashes in circles
Before it all stops.

Again and again
She plummets like heavy hail,
Now she flies away.

No comments:

Post a Comment