Monday, November 16, 2009

Endless Hope


If I should take my life
Through this great strife,
I’ll pray for my wife
That God should keep her safe.

If I should die in my sleep
I hope you won’t weep,
Let your emotions sweep
Through like a fall into the deep
Where I lay in my mortal sleep.

If the moon doesn’t shine,
Don’t worry for you are still mine,
Together we taste like sweet wine
Whenever we dine
In this fine night’s divine vine.


If last night’s kiss was the last,
Know that in me the lust
We share will always come first,
I’ll be that knight who clinches his fist
When they come to scrap your heart’s crust,
Then we’ll feast.

If the sun is out and I’m not home
Be strong, tomorrow I’ll come
Like the rain to tame this mortal storm,
But tomorrow can only be told by time
So I ask you to melt this rime.

If my heart stops beating tonight
Teach me how to fight
And make me right.
Bring to me your light,
I ask for you to hold me tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment