Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Cry of Shame


Keep my tears safe
In your hands of healing,
My chaste soul morns
The loss of life’s meaning,
My heart will drown
In the pain of this façade,
My love, please kiss the poison
From my sunken veins
And heal the scarred tissue
Of my depleted mind.
Now and forever
Hold me close
To your heart’s fatal desire
Let me out of this sorrow
A stain of emptiness gnaws
My emotions whenever you
Walk away from my heart.

This infinite affliction
Is all that I have:
Every heart beat
Brings me closer to
This unending flame
Of a love’s death.
I walk with my head
Down ashamed of all
That I became when we embraced
This disgraceful life.
Let my tear warm
Your heart, my cry will last
Till you heal,
My broken hope is sunk
By the darkness of our existence.


Now my eyes are cleansed
By the bloodshed of this
Untold spiritual misfortune
Here in the darkness
The fright of torment
Will leave me for dead
This shameful fate
Will feast upon my
Last clout‘s cry to rise
Above this doom’s will.
My solemn wreath is
The only prize I deserve
For this traitorous love
My heart has fallen victim to.
I’ll remain without a name
Without no pain to tame
My empathy will wilt with shame
And die softly in a wrath
Of that which angels fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment