Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kissing Hope Away


I open a chapter of my life
Its blank pages stall my hope,
My heart’s ink is dry
Like a lie its promise is broken,
In this rain pain shall reign
I’ll kiss it
I’ll learn to love it
And I’ll bond with its madness
Till my hope is no more

As I walk on the beach of the dead,
My footprints in its wrath fade like
The blank chapters
Of a life I thought I lived
If I cry I’ll fall
If I don’t try I’ll pall
Beneath the essence of my being.
Broken between these mortal struggles
If I could break these chains
To free my spirit,
To give my soul a last hope,
To breathe the love of man,
I could…

The stars in the night sky
Sparkle tears of bliss
They twinkle like eyes
Of a dying galaxy
Tonight the skies have no
Answers, no wish to grant
And no soul to save
This night will be it
The moment of truth
But it’ll come when
I’m asleep…dreaming cherry
Tears of my wrecked soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment