Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dear Life




Dear life,
You lied
You said you’ll never leave me alone,
You said pain will never touch me again,
Now look at the wounds of your making,
Because of you I can’t feel my heart,
Here I’m breathing this hopeless fate
What have you done to me?

Your eyes seemed so pure,
So right,
So persuasive,
Yet you fooled me,
You promised I had a little
More of you to last me till
I need no more of you,
How did I let you do this to me?

Your gipsy crystal ball
Bares a façade of my betrayed future,
I was shallow to fall for your hallow
Lies of a life I will never have…
Not a chance to say goodbye
Not a last glance at my wife,
Like the sirocco, you showed no mercy.

"I dedicate this to my late friend who I made on 14th December 2009...he passed on 2 weeks later RIP D.Womba."

No comments:

Post a Comment